The Executive Office has announced the extension to the first term of appointment of a Non-Executive Director of the Strategic Investment Board (SIB).
Mr Danny McSorley was previously appointed to SIB on 1 November 2015 for a three year term. Mr McSorley’s appointment has been extended for a period of six months from 1 November 2018 to 30 April 2019.
Notes to editors:
- The Strategic Investment Board Ltd (SIB) was established as a company limited by guarantee on 1 April 2003 under powers contained in the Strategic Investment and Regeneration of Sites (Northern Ireland) Order 2003. For administrative purposes it is classified as an Executive Non-Departmental Public Body, sponsored by TEO.
- SIB supports the delivery major and complex investment projects in the public sector – helping to make Northern Ireland an excellent location in which to live, work and invest. Detailed information on the Strategic Investment Board can be accessed at the Strategic Investment Board website: www.sibni.org/.
- The Board of SIB is made up of a Chair and six Non-Executive Director members (currently four members and two vacancies).
- The position of Non-Executive Director of the Strategic Investment Board Ltd carries an annual remuneration of £11,110.
- The extension to the appointment has been made in accordance with the CPA NI Code of Practice. All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments requires the political activity of appointees to be published.
- Mr McSorley has not declared any political activity.
- Mr McSorley is a Chartered Civil Engineer and brings to the board over 20 years strategic leadership experience in regeneration and development in Central and Local Government.
- He is a former Chief Executive of Strabane and Omagh District Councils and played a leading role in supporting Local Government Reform and developing a Local Government led approach to securing improvement and efficiency through collaborative working. He was awarded the OBE in the 2015 New Year’s Honours for services to Local Government.
- Mr Mc Sorley is currently Chair of the Safety Technical Group for the DfC Stadia Programme and is a Board member of the International Centre for Local and Regional Development.
- Media enquiries to The Executive Office press office on 028 9037 8283. Out of office hours, please contact the duty press officer on 028 890 378 110.
- Publication of Together: Building a United Community (T:BUC) Strategy Annual Update 2018/19 23 August 2019
- Announcement of the Extension of the Appointments of the Chair and Members of the Maze/Long Kesh Development Corporation 06 August 2019
- Announcement of the extension of the appointments of Non-Executive Directors of the Strategic Investment Board, and the re-appointment of an Executive Director 06 August 2019
- Statement from the Head of the Civil Service on the death of Sir Anthony Hart 09 July 2019