The Executive Office has announced the extension to the first term of appointment of two Non-Executive Directors of the Strategic Investment Board (SIB).
Mr Danny McSorley was previously appointed to SIB on 1 November 2015 for a three year term, subsequently extended until 30 April 2019.
Mr McSorley’s appointment has been extended for a period of 12 months from 1 May 2019 to 30 April 2020.
Mrs Kathryn Thomson was previously appointed to SIB on 1 September 2015 for a three year term, subsequently extended to 28 February 2019.
Mrs Thomson’s appointment has been extended for a period of 12 months from 1 March 2019 to 28 February 2020.
The Executive Office has also announced the reappointment of an Executive Director of the Strategic Investment Board.
Mr Brett Hannam was appointed as Chief Executive Officer of SIB on 1 June 2012 and has been an Executive Director on an ex officio basis from that date. Mr Hannam has been reappointed as Executive Director from 1 June 2018 until 30 April 2020.
Notes to editors:
1. Biographical details:
- Danny McSorley
Mr McSorley is a Chartered Civil Engineer and brings to the board over 20 years strategic leadership experience in regeneration and development in Central and Local Government.
He is a former Chief Executive of Strabane and Omagh District Councils and played a leading role in supporting Local Government Reform and developing a Local Government led approach to securing improvement and efficiency through collaborative working. He was awarded the OBE in the 2015 New Year’s Honours for services to Local Government.
Mr McSorley is currently Chair of the Safety Technical Group for the DfC Stadia Programme and is a Board member of the International Centre for Local and Regional Development.
Mr McSorley has not declared any political activity.
- Kathryn Thomson
Mrs Thomson brings senior management level skills and financial expertise and experience to the Board. She has been Chief Executive of National Museums NI since March 2016. Prior to that she was Chief Operating Officer at Tourism NI for 11 years and previously worked in the senior finance team within NHS Greater Glasgow, primarily involved in business and financial planning.
Mrs Thomson holds a BCom (Hons) degree in Business Studies from the University of Edinburgh, completed her accountancy training at PriceWaterhouseCoopers and has a professional qualification as a Chartered Accountant with the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA).
Mrs Thomson does not hold any other Ministerial public appointments. She sits on the Boards of both Tourism Ireland and Visit Belfast, as well as being a Director and Trustee on the Boards two charities – the Simon Community and Open House Festival. Mrs Thomson has not declared any political activity.
- Brett Hannam
Mr Hannam has been Chief Executive of the Strategic Investment Board since 2012, having joined the organisation as Chief Operating Officer in 2006. He holds honorary fellowships of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and the Institution of Civil Engineers.
2. The Strategic Investment Board Ltd (SIB) was established as a company limited by guarantee on 1 April 2003 under powers contained in the Strategic Investment and Regeneration of Sites (Northern Ireland) Order 2003. For administrative purposes it is classified as an Executive Non-Departmental Public Body, sponsored by TEO.
3. SIB supports the delivery of major and complex investment projects in the public sector – helping to make Northern Ireland an excellent location in which to live, work and invest. Detailed information on the Strategic Investment Board can be accessed at the Strategic Investment Board website: https://sibni.org/
4. The Board of SIB is made up of a Chair, six Non-Executive Director members (currently four members and two vacancies) and one Executive Director.
5. The position of Non-Executive Director of the Strategic Investment Board Ltd carries an annual remuneration of £11,110.
6. The position of Executive Director of the Strategic Investment Board Ltd carries no additional remuneration. The post-holder may be reimbursed for reasonable expenses incurred in connection with the role.
7. The extensions to the appointments have been made in accordance with the CPA NI Code of Practice. All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments requires the political activity of appointees to be published.
8. The position of Executive Director is an ex officio appointment and is not regulated by CPA NI.
9. Media enquiries to TEO press office on 028 9037 8283. Out of office hours, please contact the duty press officer on 028 890 378 110.
- Publication of Together: Building a United Community (T:BUC) Strategy Annual Update 2018/19 23 August 2019
- Announcement of the Extension of the Appointments of the Chair and Members of the Maze/Long Kesh Development Corporation 06 August 2019
- 06 August 2019
- Statement from the Head of the Civil Service on the death of Sir Anthony Hart 09 July 2019