In response to comments made by Assistant Chief Constable Martin on the Nolan Show this morning, a spokesperson for The Executive Office said: “This is not an insignificant comment by Assistant Chief Constable Martin. We will be in contact with the PSNI to seek further clarification.
“Where there is evidence of criminal activity, we expect the police to investigate and bring those responsible before the courts. Courts and jail are the only place for anyone involved in paramilitarism.
“All those associated with Charter or any community enterprise must make a clear choice between paramilitarism and legitimate community work.
“There can be no acceptance of or ambivalence towards illegal activity.”
Notes to editors:
1. Media enquiries to TEO Press Office on 028 9037 8201. Out of office hours contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number on 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
2. Follow us on Twitter @niexecutive.
- China continues to hold great opportunities for Northern Ireland 15 October 2018
- Statistical Bulletins: Indicator 31 and Indicator 35 04 October 2018
- Northern Ireland Good Relations Indicators Annual Update: 2018 04 October 2018
- Bank Buildings fire recovery – update 01 October 2018