In response to comments made by Assistant Chief Constable Martin on the Nolan Show this morning, a spokesperson for The Executive Office said: “This is not an insignificant comment by Assistant Chief Constable Martin. We will be in contact with the PSNI to seek further clarification.
“Where there is evidence of criminal activity, we expect the police to investigate and bring those responsible before the courts. Courts and jail are the only place for anyone involved in paramilitarism.
“All those associated with Charter or any community enterprise must make a clear choice between paramilitarism and legitimate community work.
“There can be no acceptance of or ambivalence towards illegal activity.”
Notes to editors:
1. Media enquiries to TEO Press Office on 028 9037 8201. Out of office hours contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number on 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
2. Follow us on Twitter @niexecutive.
- New Permanent Secretary roles announced 20 April 2018
- HOCS letter to Professor Alan Manning - Migration Advisory Committee consultation 27 March 2018
- Road conditions remain difficult in south east 02 March 2018
- Responders target resources to south east 01 March 2018