The Northern Ireland Civil Service (NICS) has today announced changes at Permanent Secretary level.
Peter May, currently the Permanent Secretary in the Department for Infrastructure, will move to the Department of Justice in early September and replace current Permanent Secretary Nick Perry who has announced his retirement.
Katrina Godfrey from The Executive Office will become the new Permanent Secretary in the Department for Infrastructure at around the same time.
The NICS has also confirmed that Sue Gray will take up post as Permanent Secretary in the Department of Finance on May 14.
Hugh Widdis, who has been undertaking the role in a temporary capacity, will return to his position as Departmental Solicitor and Head of Government Legal Service in Northern Ireland.
Notes to editors:
- The Permanent Secretary salary scale is £114,047 - £133,327.
- Media enquiries to TEO press office on 028 9037 8283. Out of office hours please contact the duty press office via pager number 07623 974 383 and you call will be returned.
- New Permanent Secretary role announced 10 August 2018
- HOCS letter to Professor Alan Manning - Migration Advisory Committee consultation 28 June 2018
- Labour Force Survey Religion Report 2016: Local Government District Bulletin 28 June 2018
- Northern Ireland welcomes over 1,000 Syrian refugees 21 June 2018