The Northern Ireland Civil Service (NICS) has today announced changes at Permanent Secretary level.
Peter May, currently the Permanent Secretary in the Department for Infrastructure, will move to the Department of Justice in early September and replace current Permanent Secretary Nick Perry who has announced his retirement.
Katrina Godfrey from The Executive Office will become the new Permanent Secretary in the Department for Infrastructure at around the same time.
The NICS has also confirmed that Sue Gray will take up post as Permanent Secretary in the Department of Finance on May 14.
Hugh Widdis, who has been undertaking the role in a temporary capacity, will return to his position as Departmental Solicitor and Head of Government Legal Service in Northern Ireland.
Notes to editors:
- The Permanent Secretary salary scale is £114,047 - £133,327.
- Media enquiries to TEO press office on 028 9037 8283. Out of office hours please contact the duty press office via pager number 07623 974 383 and you call will be returned.
- Civil Service publishes Outcomes Delivery Plan report 18 December 2018
- Appointment of members to the NI Judicial Appointments Commission 11 December 2018
- T:BUC Camps and Central Good Relations 2019/20 funding programmes now open 30 November 2018
- T:BUC Camps Programme 2019-20 now open 26 November 2018