The Northern Ireland Civil Service (NICS) has today announced changes at Permanent Secretary level.
Peter May, currently the Permanent Secretary in the Department for Infrastructure, will move to the Department of Justice in early September and replace current Permanent Secretary Nick Perry who has announced his retirement.
Katrina Godfrey from The Executive Office will become the new Permanent Secretary in the Department for Infrastructure at around the same time.
The NICS has also confirmed that Sue Gray will take up post as Permanent Secretary in the Department of Finance on May 14.
Hugh Widdis, who has been undertaking the role in a temporary capacity, will return to his position as Departmental Solicitor and Head of Government Legal Service in Northern Ireland.
Notes to editors:
- The Permanent Secretary salary scale is £114,047 - £133,327.
- Media enquiries to TEO press office on 028 9037 8283. Out of office hours please contact the duty press office via pager number 07623 974 383 and you call will be returned.
- China continues to hold great opportunities for Northern Ireland 15 October 2018
- Statistical Bulletins: Indicator 31 and Indicator 35 04 October 2018
- Northern Ireland Good Relations Indicators Annual Update: 2018 04 October 2018
- Bank Buildings fire recovery – update 01 October 2018