First Minister, the Rt. Hon. Arlene Foster and Finance Minister Máirtín Ó Muilleoir have attended the BBC Good Food Show in Belfast.
The show is taking place at the Belfast Waterfront from 14-16 October as part of a three-year deal which will see it return again in 2017 and 2018.
Welcoming the event to Northern Ireland for the first time, First Minister, Arlene Foster said: “It is a great pleasure to welcome the BBC Good Food Show to Belfast for the first time during Belfast Restaurant Week and Northern Ireland’s 2016 Year of Food and Drink.
“Over 10,000 visitors will visit the Waterfront over the next three days giving us another tremendous opportunity to showcase everything that is good about Northern Ireland. Our Michelin starred restaurants, award winning food tours and Gold Star Great Taste Award winning products, all strengthen Northern Ireland's reputation for excellence in food production.
“Good quality food and dining are a vital part of any tourism experience and the staging of BBC Good Food Show here in Belfast gives local producers a tremendous platform to show off Northern Ireland’s unique food and drink heritage to potential new buyers and tourists alike.
“I look forward to welcoming the show back to Northern Ireland in 2017 and 2018 and I have no doubt it will go from strength to strength.”
Finance Minister Máirtín Ó Muilleoir MLA said: “The newly extended Belfast Waterfront is the perfect location for the BBC Good Food Show. Today’s event is an excellent opportunity to showcase our award winning food and drink producers, placing the spotlight on talented local chefs and celebrated restaurants. For the past ten months we have been celebrating the different tastes and flavours from across the north and once again local companies have scooped awards at the Guild of Fine Foods Great Taste Awards and the Blas na hÉireann Irish Food Awards.”
Notes to editors:
- Supported by Tourism NI, Invest NI and Food NI, the BBC Good Food Show is an integral part of the Northern Ireland Year of Food and Drink 2016.
- The show will include demonstrations from celebrity chefs Paul Hollywood, John Torode and the Hairy Bikers coupled with tasting sessions with local chefs Paul Rankin, Danny Millar and Danni Barry. For further information please visit: www.discovernorthernireland.com
- Follow us on Twitter @niexecutive
- Anholt–GfK Roper Nation Brands Index (SM): 2017 report for Northern Ireland published 20 February 2018
- Last call for applications to 2018/19 Good Relations funding programmes 20 February 2018
- Labour Force Survey Religion Report 2016 31 January 2018
- The Holocaust reminds us of the power of words 25 January 2018