Junior Ministers, Alastair Ross and Megan Fearon today emphasised a collaborative approach for delivering the Programme for Government will achieve better outcomes.
The Ministers were addressing the Chief Executives’ Forum at its Annual General Meeting at the Stormont Hotel, Belfast.
Speaking at the event, Junior Minister Alastair Ross, said: “The new Programme for Government gives different organisations and sectors a role to play. The old silo mentality, that tended to act as a brake on the work of previous administrations has gone. This Executive is determined to work across boundaries to engage directly with the private sector, as well as the voluntary and community sectors and beyond, to maximise what we can achieve collectively.
“The Executive looks forward to working in partnership with the Chief Executives’ Forum in delivering the next Programme for Government and achieving better outcomes for all the people of Northern Ireland.”
Junior Minister Megan Fearon said: “We had over 800 responses to the initial consultation on the Programme for Government framework. We have listened to what society has said and their views are reflected in the draft Programme for Government which is now out for consultation. I encourage all those who want to make a positive contribution to our future to engage further in this process.
“Collaborative working is at the heart of this Programme and its success, and we look forward to working with the Chief Executives’ Forum and many others as we roll out the Programme for Government and begin taking forward its programmes, projects and actions.”
The eight week consultation on the draft Programme for Government closes on 23 December 2016. It reflects changes made to the draft Framework published for consultation in May 2016.
Notes to editors:
- The draft Programme for Government is available to view at on the Northern Ireland Executive website.
- The Chief Executives’ Forum comprises Chief Executives and senior staff of public sector organisations covering the civil service and its executive agencies, local government and non-departmental public bodies. This was its 14th Annual General Meeting on the 25th anniversary of the establishment of the Forum.
- Media enquiries to TEO Press Office on 028 9037 8283. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number on 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Anholt–GfK Roper Nation Brands Index (SM): 2017 report for Northern Ireland published 20 February 2018
- Labour Force Survey Religion Report 2016 31 January 2018
- The Holocaust reminds us of the power of words 25 January 2018
- New Permanent Secretary roles announced 24 January 2018