Junior Minister, Megan Fearon tonight congratulated the achievements of local business women at the 6th annual Women in Business Awards at the Ramada Plaza hotel in Belfast.
Junior Minister Fearon said: “It’s a pleasure to attend tonight’s Women in Business Awards and celebrate the hard work and achievements of our female business leaders and entrepreneurs in areas including export, customer service, marketing, innovation, IT, management and leadership.
“Everyone taking part, not just the winners, are inspirational and tonight highlights how much home grown talent we have and the valuable contribution women are making to our economy.”
Guest speaker and former Tanaiste, Mary Harney discussed some of the challenges and successes experienced during her career in Irish politics and the world of business.
Junior Minister, Megan Fearon added: “These awards demonstrate the impact women are making in the business world.
“There are undoubtedly challenges for women in business and other sectors, and I pay tribute to Women in Business for its role in encouraging women to reach their full potential.
“We have strong female role models across many sectors. It is encouraging females are now better represented in politics here.
“Women make a positive difference to society as a whole and whether in the world of business, politics, the community and voluntary sector, family life or elsewhere, I wish them continued success regardless of the area they operate in.”
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries to The Executive Office press office on 028 9037 8201. Out of office hours, please contact the duty press office via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @niexecutive.
- Announcement of the Extension of the Appointment of a Non-Executive Director of the Strategic Investment Board 25 September 2018
- Sterling meets with Information Commissioner 21 September 2018
- Bank Buildings fire - update 14 September 2018
- New Permanent Secretary role announced 10 August 2018