A spokesperson for The Executive Office said: “The deputy First Minister withdrew from a planned visit to China this week on medical advice and to enable doctors to conduct a medical assessment.
"Martin McGuinness is fulfilling his responsibilities as deputy First Minister working with his departmental political advisers.
"There has been no disruption to the work of The Executive Office during this period.”
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries to TEO Press Office on 028 9037 8201. Out of office hours contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number on 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @niexecutive.
- Anholt–GfK Roper Nation Brands Index (SM): 2017 report for Northern Ireland published 20 February 2018
- Labour Force Survey Religion Report 2016 31 January 2018
- The Holocaust reminds us of the power of words 25 January 2018
- New Permanent Secretary roles announced 24 January 2018