A spokesperson for The Executive Office said: “The deputy First Minister withdrew from a planned visit to China this week on medical advice and to enable doctors to conduct a medical assessment.
"Martin McGuinness is fulfilling his responsibilities as deputy First Minister working with his departmental political advisers.
"There has been no disruption to the work of The Executive Office during this period.”
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries to TEO Press Office on 028 9037 8201. Out of office hours contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number on 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @niexecutive.
- NICS outcomes delivery plan published 04 June 2018
- Six Dimensions of the Nation Brands Index 2017 31 May 2018
- Head of Civil Service comments on DfI’s intention to appeal judgment 16 May 2018
- New Permanent Secretary roles announced 20 April 2018