A spokesperson for The Executive Office said: “The deputy First Minister withdrew from a planned visit to China this week on medical advice and to enable doctors to conduct a medical assessment.
"Martin McGuinness is fulfilling his responsibilities as deputy First Minister working with his departmental political advisers.
"There has been no disruption to the work of The Executive Office during this period.”
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries to TEO Press Office on 028 9037 8201. Out of office hours contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number on 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @niexecutive.
- Self-efficacy, Locus of Control and Life Satisfaction in Northern Ireland 2016/17 08 November 2017
- Update from the Head of the Civil Service – Storm Ophelia 17 October 2017
- Responders continue to work together and people urged to be vigilant 16 October 2017
- Update from Head of the Civil Service on Storm Ophelia 16 October 2017