Statement by the First Minister, the Rt. Hon. Arlene Foster and the deputy First Minister, Martin McGuinness on the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI).
The Ministers said: "We have today asked the Speaker to convene a special sitting of the Assembly early next week to address issues surrounding the Renewable Heat Incentive.
"This will facilitate a full statement to be made by the First Minister to Members on the matters of public concern relating to RHI.
"RHI was discussed by the Executive today and Ministers around the table underlined the seriousness of the issues involved and the importance of restoring public confidence.
"It was also emphasised that detailed plans are being finalised to significantly reduce the projected losses in the years ahead."
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries to TEO Press Office on 028 9037 8201. Out of office hours contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number on 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @niexecutive.
- Self-efficacy, Locus of Control and Life Satisfaction in Northern Ireland 2016/17 08 November 2017
- Update from the Head of the Civil Service – Storm Ophelia 17 October 2017
- Responders continue to work together and people urged to be vigilant 16 October 2017
- Update from Head of the Civil Service on Storm Ophelia 16 October 2017