The Executive has today agreed that wet pubs will be permitted to open on September 23.
The indicative date of September 21 has been extended by two days to enable new regulations for the hospitality sector to be put in place to support their safe operation.
Following extensive engagement with the hospitality sector, the Executive has agreed that mandatory requirements will include:
- The venue will be required as part of its risk assessment process to identify the number of people who can safely be accommodated in line with social distancing requirements, and must clearly display this figure in the premises;
- Hand sanitisation stations must be in place;
- The venue will be required to collect customer details to assist with the Test, Trace, Protect contact tracing programme;
- All service will be seated at tables. There will be no standing and no service at the bar;
- Customers must remain seated once in the premises, apart from using the facilities;
- Dancing will be prohibited in hospitality venues;
- A maximum of six people from any number of households can be seated at a table in a hospitality venue. Children aged 12 and under will be discounted from the total. More than six will be permitted if they all belong to a single household.
- Face coverings should be worn to enter and leave the venue and for movement inside. They are not required once seated.
The regulations will apply to any venue serving alcohol or where alcohol can be brought in and consumed by customers.
Beer bikes will not be permitted to operate.
With regard to the regulation limiting indoor domestic gatherings to six people from two households, the Executive has agreed to amend the regulation so that children aged 12 and under from those two households are not included in the total. This does not include those areas where additional localised restrictions apply.
- Support package to be brought forward for taxi, private bus and coach sectors 24 October 2020
- Restrictions to curb the spread of Coronavirus from 16 October - Questions and Answers 23 October 2020
- Covid-19 press conference – 22 October 2020 22 October 2020
- Covid-19 press conference – 15 October 2020 15 October 2020