The Executive Office has today launched a public appointment competition for Board Members of the Maze/Long Kesh Development Corporation (MLKDC).
TEO wishes to appoint Board Members with a range of skills and experience relevant to all aspects of a regeneration project of this scale
The Board plays a key role in maintaining and preserving the site and preparing for its future regeneration.
It oversees performance and strategic direction of the Development Corporation and is also responsible for ensuring the highest standards of corporate governance, efficiency and propriety in the use of public funds, including compliance with statutory and administrative requirements.
Information about the posts and how to apply is available under reference IRC279029 at: www.nicsrecruitment.gov.uk.
Notes to editors:
- MLKDC is an arm’s length body under the sponsorship of TEO, established under the Strategic Investment and Regeneration of Sites (NI) Order 2003. The MLKDC Board is appointed by the First Minister and deputy First Minister.
- The board of MLKDC is made up of a Chair and 10 members. There are currently four vacancies with further vacancies arising early in 2023.
- The position of Board Member carries an annual remuneration of £4,000 per annum (pro rata based on the number of meetings attended) but this is subject to review based on the demands on the board.
- The Candidate Information Booklet, which details the eligibility criteria and information on how to apply, can be downloaded from www.nicsrecruitment.gov.uk
- The appointment of the MLKDC Board Members is regulated by the Commissioner for Public Appointments NI (CPANI).
- Detailed information on MLKDC can be accessed at www.mazelongkesh.com
- Awareness campaign for victims and survivors of historical institutional abuse 13 March 2023
- Good Relations Indicators 2020 Report 07 March 2023
- More than 2,000 Ukrainians supported locally 24 February 2023
- Northern Ireland Civil Service Board Welcomes Independent Non-Executive Members 06 February 2023