First Minister Paul Givan and deputy First Minister Michelle O’Neill have announced the appointment of a Commissioner for Victims and Survivors (CVS).
Ian Jeffers will take up the position for a four-year term from 9 May 2022.
First Minister Paul Givan said: “I am delighted to announce that the deputy First Minister and I have appointed a new Commissioner for Victims and Survivors.
“We wish the new Commissioner well as he takes forward the valuable work in ensuring the needs of victims and survivors continue to be met.”
The deputy First Minister Michelle O’Neill said: “I would like to take this opportunity to personally welcome Ian Jeffers to this important post. I am confident that his skills and experience will be a valuable asset to the work of the Commission in addressing the needs of victims and survivors.”
Notes to editors:
1. The public appointment process is being carried out under the principles of the Commissioner for Public Appointments Northern Ireland (CPANI) Code of Practice.
2. The CVS position will be full time and receive remuneration equivalent to the entry point of the Senior Civil Service (SCS) Grade 5 scale (£74,912) which will be subject to review annually in line with the overall value of the annual SCS pay award on the basis of satisfactory performance.
3. The appointment will be for a period of 4 years and the person will be eligible for reappointment for one further term.
4. Ian Jeffers brings a wealth of experience to the post. Mr Jeffers has held senior roles in the private and not for profit sector. Further details on Mr Jeffers including a pen pic will be made available on the CVS website soon.
5. Ian Jeffers does not hold any other public appointments.
6. All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. The appointee has not declared any political activity.
- Announcement of Appointments of Six Board Members to the Maze/Long Kesh Development Corporation 21 November 2023
- New Independent Chair to Inter-Departmental Working Group 20 November 2023
- Wellbeing in Northern Ireland, 2022/23 15 November 2023
- Information on support measures for businesses impacted by floods 08 November 2023