The Head of the Northern Ireland Civil Service, Jayne Brady, has today announced changes at Permanent Secretary level.
Julie Harrison, currently at the Department of Justice, will move on promotion to take up the post of Permanent Secretary in the Department for Infrastructure.
Katrina Godfrey will transfer from the Department for Infrastructure to the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs. Peter May will transfer from the Department of Justice to the Department of Health and Richard Pengelly will transfer from the Department of Health to the Department of Justice.
The moves will be completed during April.
Notes to editors:
- The salary scale for the Permanent Secretary role is £124,282 - £141,866.
- Permanent Secretaries are the principal advisers to departmental Ministers for all departmental activities; they are responsible for managing their NICS department, its staff and resources.
- As Accounting Officer, Permanent Secretaries are responsible to the NI Assembly (through the Public Accounts Committee) for the sound management of public funds.
- Announcement of Appointments of Six Board Members to the Maze/Long Kesh Development Corporation 21 November 2023
- New Independent Chair to Inter-Departmental Working Group 20 November 2023
- Wellbeing in Northern Ireland, 2022/23 15 November 2023
- Information on support measures for businesses impacted by floods 08 November 2023