First Minister, the Rt. Hon. Arlene Foster and deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness have today repeated the Executive’s commitment this mandate will be one of delivery.
Publishing for consultation the draft Programme for Government (PfG), they said the Executive is determined to create a better society.
With over 800 responses to the initial PfG framework consultation, Ministers have urged those who want to make a positive contribution to the future to engage further with the Executive during the consultation process.
First Minister, Arlene Foster said: “This Executive is determined to deliver for all the people of Northern Ireland. We were encouraged by the record number of responses to the initial consultation and the overwhelming endorsement of the approach we are taking to develop a new outcomes based Programme for Government.
“This is a new way of doing government in what is a new era for politics in Northern Ireland. As an Executive we are determined to work as one, and with wider society, to create a better future.”
The draft Programme for Government includes an update on the Framework that was published in May. It confirms the Executive will seek to achieve 14 key outcomes, measured by progress across 48 statistical indicators. The Programme also includes links to a series of evolving delivery plans.
The deputy First Minister, Martin McGuiness said: “Government cannot work in isolation and this collaborative approach brings the broadest possible spectrum of people and organisations together to tackle issues we all face head on.
“At a time of increased pressure on public finances, we need to be more creative, more holistic, if we are to make a positive difference for society. This new approach to government, which has attracted widespread support, allows us to do that and this Executive will now get on with the job of delivering.”
The eight week consultation closes on December 23, 2016.
Notes to editors:
- The consultation document will be available on the Executive website from 09:30am onwards on 28 October 2016.
- Media enquiries to The Executive Office press office on 028 9037 8256. Out of office hours, please contact the duty press office via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @niexecutive.
- China continues to hold great opportunities for Northern Ireland 15 October 2018
- Statistical Bulletins: Indicator 31 and Indicator 35 04 October 2018
- Northern Ireland Good Relations Indicators Annual Update: 2018 04 October 2018
- Bank Buildings fire recovery – update 01 October 2018