The Public Appointments Annual Report published by The Executive Office today presents data on public appointments in Northern Ireland between 1 April 2017 and 31 March 2018. It includes information on applications received and appointments made in this period; and public appointments held on 31 March 2018.
Key findings of the report include:
- There were 942 applications for public appointments in 2017/18.
- Gender was not known for 18% of applications received. 43% of all applications, where gender is known, were from females.
- In terms of Board Positions, 42% of Member applications, 45% of Chair applications and 47% of Board of Governor applications were from females.
- Between 1 April 2017 and 31 March 2018, Departments made a total of 183 public appointments.
- Gender is known for 96% of appointments made. Of these appointments, 47% were to females.
- At 31 March 2018, 929 public appointments were held (858 Board Members and Vice-Chairs; and 71 Chairs).
- Gender is known for 55% of Appointments Held; of these appointments, 38% were held by females.
The report is available on the Statistics and Research Branch section of The Executive Office website.
Further information relating to the collection and production of the statistics can be obtained by contacting:Christine Fairfield – Assistant Statistician
Statistics and Research Branch, The Executive Office
Block 2 | Knockview Buildings | Stormont | Belfast | BT4 3SJ
- Public Appointments Annual Report for Northern Ireland, 2018/19 26 January 2022
- Givan and O’Neill launch consultation on Executive’s new investment strategy 26 January 2022
- Holocaust Memorial Day 2022: A powerful reminder that prejudice and hatred must be challenged 26 January 2022
- Ministers announce date for Historical Institutional Abuse apology 20 January 2022