The Public Appointments Annual Report published by The Executive Office today presents data on public appointments in Northern Ireland between 1 April 2018 and 31 March 2019. It includes information on applications received and appointments made in this period; and public appointments held on 31 March 2019.
Key findings of the report include:
- There were 1337 applications for Public Appointments in 2018/19.
- Gender was not known for 23% of applications received. 42% of all applications, where gender is known, were from females.
- In terms of Board Positions, 45% of Member applications, 35% of Chair applications and 29% of Board of Governor applications were from females.
- Between 1 April 2018 and 31 March 2019, Departments made a total of 163 Public Appointments.
- Gender is known for 82% of appointments made. Of these appointments, 36% were to females.
- At 31 March 2019, 995 Public Appointments were held (904 Board Members and Vice-Chairs; and 91 Chairs).
- Gender is known for 53% of appointments held; of these appointments, 38% were held by females.
The report is available on the Executive Office Statistics and Research section of the website.
Further information relating to the collection and production of the statistics can be obtained by contacting:Caoimhe Stewart – Assistant Statistician
Statistics and Research Branch, The Executive Office
Block 2 | Knockview Buildings | Stormont | Belfast | BT4 3SJ
Telephone: 028 9052 2644
- Announcement of Appointments of Six Board Members to the Maze/Long Kesh Development Corporation 21 November 2023
- New Independent Chair to Inter-Departmental Working Group 20 November 2023
- Wellbeing in Northern Ireland, 2022/23 15 November 2023
- Information on support measures for businesses impacted by floods 08 November 2023