These functions are informed by, and promoted through, close and ongoing liaison with key contacts in NI Civil Service departments, the emergency services, local government and other stakeholders within the UK and Ireland.
CCPB supports the effective functioning of the Civil Contingencies Group (Northern Ireland) (CCG(NI)), the principal strategic civil contingencies preparedness body for the public sector chaired by the Head of the NI Civil Service and comprising senior level membership from key civil contingencies stakeholders. CCPB also delivers this role when CCG(NI) is in emergency response mode.
As part of its role to promote and encourage good civil contingencies practice, CCPB has produced an overarching framework of civil contingencies policy, guidance and advice - see below:
For further information on these documents contact CCPB on:
Telephone: 028 9052 8461
- The Northern Ireland Civil Contingencies Framework
- A Guide to Emergency Planning Arrangements in Northern Ireland
- A Guide to Risk Assessment in Northern Ireland
- A Guide to Plan Preparation
- A Guide to Evacuation in Northern Ireland
- Northern Ireland Standards in Civil Protection (2001)
- Dealing with emergencies
- UK Emergency Response Planning
- Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI)
- NI Ambulance Service
- NI Fire and Rescue Service
- Maritime and Coastguard Agency
- Met Office Severe Weather
- Public Health Agency for Northern Ireland
- Northern Ireland Environment Agency (NIEA)
If you require further information you can contact the Civil Contingencies Policy Branch.