The Executive Office has announced the extension to the term of appointment of the Chair and two Non-Executive Directors of the Strategic Investment Board (SIB).
Mr Gerry McGinn was appointed as Chair of SIB on 23 September 2013, and re-appointed on 23 September 2016. Mr McGinn’s appointment has been extended for a period of 12 months, from 23 September 2019 to 22 September 2020.
Ms Marie-Thérèse McGivern and Mr Duncan McCausland were appointed to SIB on 23 September 2013, and re-appointed on 23 September 2016. Their appointments have been extended for a period of 12 months, from 23 September 2019 to 22 September 2020.
Notes to editors:
1. Biographical Details
Mr McGinn brings senior management and board level skills to the SIB Board from his experience in both the private and public sectors. He is currently Vice Chair of the Progressive Building Society and a member of the Regulatory Board of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland. He is also a member of the Investment Committee of Queen’s University and of the board of the Economic Policy Centre at Ulster University. Overall Mr McGinn has extensive experience at CEO level in financial services and was also previously Permanent Secretary of two departments, Education and Regional Development. He has no other public appointments and has not been involved in political activity in the last five years.
Mr McCausland brings senior management level skills with experience in developing, implementing and monitoring corporate business strategies and in corporate governance and change. Mr McCausland is currently a Non-Executive Director of the Maze Long Kesh Development Corporation Board. Mr McCausland’s other appointments include Independent Board Member of the Department for Communities. Mr McCausland is Deputy Lieutenant for County Down and has not been involved in political activity in the last five years.
Marie-Thérèse McGivern brings senior management level skills with experience in developing, implementing and monitoring corporate business strategies and in corporate governance and change. She has been the Principal and Chief Executive of Belfast Metropolitan College since November 2009. From March 1999 until October 2009 she was the Director of Development at Belfast City Council. Prior to this Ms McGivern worked for the Belfast Regeneration Office from 1995 to 1999. Ms McGivern has been a Director at the Titanic Foundation since 2010 and was recently appointed Chair. From Feb 2010 until May 2016 she was a Non-Executive Director of Bombardier NI. She is a Fellow of both the City and Guilds of London Institute and the Institute of Directors. She has no other public appointments and has not been involved in political activity in the last five years.
2. The Strategic Investment Board Ltd (SIB) was established as a company limited by guarantee on 1 April 2003 under powers contained in the Strategic Investment and Regeneration of Sites (Northern Ireland) Order 2003. For administrative purposes it is classified as an Executive Non-Departmental Public Body, sponsored by TEO.
3. SIB supports the delivery major and complex investment projects in the public sector – helping to make Northern Ireland an excellent location in which to live, work and invest. Detailed information on the Strategic Investment Board can be accessed at the Strategic Investment Board website.
4. The Board of SIB is made up of a Chair, six Non-Executive Director members (currently four members and two vacancies) and one Executive Director.
5. The position of Non-Executive Director of the Strategic Investment Board Ltd carries an annual remuneration of £11,110.
6. The extensions to the appointments have been made in accordance with the CPA NI Code of Practice. All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments requires the political activity of appointees to be published.
7. Media enquiries to TEO press office on 028 9037 8204. Out of office hours, please contact the duty press officer on 028 90 378 110.
- Register to apply online for the Central Good Relations Fund 2020/21 20 January 2020
- New Executive can rebuild confidence in politics 14 January 2020
- Deal is done - funding must follow: Foster and O’Neill 13 January 2020
- 09 January 2020