The Executive Office has re-appointed Gerry McGinn as Chair of the Strategic Investment Board, and Duncan McCausland and Marie-Thérèse McGivern as Non-Executive Directors.
The appointments take effect from 23 September 2016 until 22 September 2019. Mr McGinn, Mr McCausland and Ms McGivern served their first term on the Strategic Investment Board from 23 September 2013 to 22 September 2016.
Notes to editors:
1. The Strategic Investment Board Ltd (SIB) was legally established as a company limited by guarantee and fully funded by The Executive Office (formally the Office of the First Minister and deputy First Minister) on 1 April 2003. For administrative purposes it is classified as an Executive Non-Departmental Public Body, sponsored by The Executive Office.
2. SIB supports the Northern Ireland Executive to deliver major and complex infrastructure projects, helping accelerate the ongoing transformation of the region into an excellent location in which to live, work and invest. Detailed information is available on the Strategic Investment Board website.
3. The board of SIB is made up of a Chair, six Non-Executive Directors and an Executive Director.
4. The position of Chair carries an annual remuneration of £16,160.
5. The position of Board Member carries an annual remuneration of £11,110.
6. All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees is published. Mr Gerry McGinn has not declared any political activity. Mr Duncan McCausland has not declared any political activity. Ms Marie-Thérèse McGivern has not declared any political activity.
7. Biographical Details
Gerry McGinn brings senior management and board-level skills to the SIB Board from his experience in both the private and public sectors. He is currently Chairman of Capita Asset Services (Ireland) Limited, the Senior Independent Director on the board of Progressive Building Society and a coach to Chief Executives as part of Vistage International (UK). Overall Mr McGinn has 28 years experience in financial services in Belfast, Dublin and London, most recently as Managing Director of First Trust Bank from 2011 to 2014. He was Permanent Secretary of the former Department of Education from 2001 to 2005 and Permanent Secretary at the former Department of Regional Development from 2006 to 2007. He has no other public appointments.
Duncan McCausland brings senior management level skills with experience in developing, implementing and monitoring corporate business strategies, understanding of the role of SIB in supporting major strategic investment projects. He is a retired Assistant Chief Constable of the PSNI, having been a Police Officer from 1983 to 2011. He is currently a self-employed Security and Justice Consultant, with appointments including senior security and justice advisor for the Department for International Development and adviser to G4S. He is chair of the independent panel that oversees the operation of the Responsible Retail Code in relation to drinks promotions by the Licence Trade in NI. He has a number of Non-Executive Directorships providing advice on police reforms, and peace and reconciliation. Mr McCausland is a Deputy Lieutenant for Co Down and a committee member of the Princes Trust Council as well as a Patron of Special Olympics Ireland. He sat on the Board of the SS Nomadic Trust and was appointed to the NI Prisons Reform Oversight Group between 2012 until 2014. He was vice chair of the World Police and Fire Games Stakeholder Group from 2009 to 2011 and Interim Chair of the World Police and Fire Games Company from February to his retirement in October 2011. Mr McCausland is a Non-Executive Director on the Board of the Maze Long Kesh Development Corporation for which he receives a remuneration of £6,000 per annum and he was also a Non-Executive Director of the Northern Ireland Tourist Board from 2012 until 2015.
Marie-Thérèse McGivern brings senior management level skills with experience in developing, implementing and monitoring corporate business strategies and in corporate governance and change. She has been the Principal and Chief Executive of Belfast Metropolitan College since November 2009. From March 1999 until October 2009 she was the Director of Development at Belfast City Council. Prior to this Ms McGivern worked for the Belfast Regeneration Office from 1995 to 1999. Ms McGivern has held a position as a Director at the Titanic Foundation since October 2010. From February 2014 until May 2016 she was a Non-Executive Director of Bombardier NI. She has Hhonorary membership of the City and Guilds of London Institute. She is also a member of the CBI NI Council. She has no public appointments.
7. Media enquiries to TEO press office on 028 9037 8283. Out of office hours, please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned.
- Labour Force Survey Religion Report 2016: Local Government District Bulletin 28 June 2018
- HOCS letter to Professor Alan Manning - Migration Advisory Committee consultation 28 June 2018
- Northern Ireland welcomes over 1,000 Syrian refugees 21 June 2018
- NICS outcomes delivery plan published 04 June 2018