The First Minister and deputy First Minister have announced that the appointment term of the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland, Ms Judena Leslie, has been extended for a period of up to one year.
The extension is effective from 1 September 2020.
The First Minister Arlene Foster and deputy First Minister Michelle O’Neill said: “We want to take this opportunity to thank the Commissioner for her hard work and commitment to date in ensuring the public appointments process continues to be rigorous and fair, and for her contribution to raising awareness and increasing the diversity in public appointments."
Notes to editors:
- The Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland is a statutory office holder appointed by the First Minister and deputy First Minister under the provisions of the Commissioner for Public Appointments (Northern Ireland) Order 1995. The independent post was established following the First Report of the Committee on Standards in Public Life.
- The Commissioner regulates, monitors and reports on a wide range of Ministerial appointments to the Boards of public bodies in Northern Ireland.
- Ms Judena Leslie was the founding CEO and Accounting Officer of Northern Ireland’s first Law Commission, and has extensive leadership experience at senior management level within the Civil Service and public sector.
- The Commissioner was appointed for 75 days per annum attracting remuneration of £23,877 per annum. (This has been temporarily increased to 127 days per annum from January 2020 in order to address a back log of appointments.)
- The Commissioner does not hold any other Ministerial public appointments.
- The Executive Office holds sponsorship responsibility for the Commissioner’s office.
- Ms Judena Leslie has declared that she has not undertaken any political activity in the last five years.
- For media queries contact The Executive Office press office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Joint Statement on COVID-19 25 September 2020
- Covid-19 press conference – 24 September 2020 24 September 2020
- Public address from First Minister and deputy First Minister 22 September 2020
- Covid-19 press conference – 21 September 2020 21 September 2020