Junior Minister, Megan Fearon tonight congratulated the achievements of local business women at the 6th annual Women in Business Awards at the Ramada Plaza hotel in Belfast.
Junior Minister Fearon said: “It’s a pleasure to attend tonight’s Women in Business Awards and celebrate the hard work and achievements of our female business leaders and entrepreneurs in areas including export, customer service, marketing, innovation, IT, management and leadership.
“Everyone taking part, not just the winners, are inspirational and tonight highlights how much home grown talent we have and the valuable contribution women are making to our economy.”
Guest speaker and former Tanaiste, Mary Harney discussed some of the challenges and successes experienced during her career in Irish politics and the world of business.
Junior Minister, Megan Fearon added: “These awards demonstrate the impact women are making in the business world.
“There are undoubtedly challenges for women in business and other sectors, and I pay tribute to Women in Business for its role in encouraging women to reach their full potential.
“We have strong female role models across many sectors. It is encouraging females are now better represented in politics here.
“Women make a positive difference to society as a whole and whether in the world of business, politics, the community and voluntary sector, family life or elsewhere, I wish them continued success regardless of the area they operate in.”
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries to The Executive Office press office on 028 9037 8201. Out of office hours, please contact the duty press office via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @niexecutive.
- Appointment of members to the NI Judicial Appointments Commission 11 December 2018
- T:BUC Camps and Central Good Relations 2019/20 funding programmes now open 30 November 2018
- T:BUC Camps Programme 2019-20 now open 26 November 2018
- Northern Ireland Racial Equality Indicators Baseline Report 2014 - 2017 23 November 2018