First Minister, Arlene Foster and deputy First Minister, Martin McGuinness today signed the book of condolence at Belfast City Hall for victims of the Orlando shooting.
The Ministers said: “We unreservedly condemn the deplorable attack in Orlando, Florida. As the exact details of this tragedy continue to emerge, we offer support and solidarity to the United States and in particular the families and friends of all those who have lost loved ones, as well as people who have been injured.
“We stand resolutely with President Obama and the United States following this callous and cowardly attack which was designed purely to inflict hate and hurt on innocent people.
“In our view the United States will not weaken or waver to such actions and they can count on our unstinting support.”
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries to The Executive Office press office on 028 9037 8201. Out of office hours, please contact the duty press office via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned.
- Photographs from The Executive Office events can be viewed via Flickr.
- Appointment of members to the NI Judicial Appointments Commission 11 December 2018
- T:BUC Camps and Central Good Relations 2019/20 funding programmes now open 30 November 2018
- T:BUC Camps Programme 2019-20 now open 26 November 2018
- Northern Ireland Racial Equality Indicators Baseline Report 2014 - 2017 23 November 2018