First Minister Arlene Foster today officially opened the new premises of the Independent News & Media (INM) Ltd in Northern Ireland.
The new purpose built centre, located in Clarendon Dock, fully integrates the print and digital news operations of the Belfast Telegraph, Sunday Life, belfasttelegraph.co.uk and Sunday World (northern edition). The 150 strong staff also includes INM’s magazine division comprising Ulster Business, Northern Woman, Ulster Grocer and Hospitality Review NI.
Officially opening the state of the art facilities, the First Minister Arlene Foster said: “I am proud to be able to help celebrate this momentous occasion marking 146 years ago to the day since the first ‘Tele’ was sold from news stands on the streets of Belfast.
“Independent News & Media Ltd is now at the beginning of an exciting new chapter. While the move from the iconic Royal Avenue building is of course tinged with sadness, there can be no doubt that following significant investment, this new integrated print and digital base puts the company at the forefront of innovation when it comes to the delivery of news.
“With the print and digital news operations of Belfast Telegraph, Sunday Life, belfasttelegraph.co.uk and Sunday World’s Northern Ireland edition under one roof - along with the Group’s magazine division, this is a fantastic centre of excellence and a place where many young aspiring journalists will want to work.
“I wish INM Ltd every success in their new premises and have no doubt that they will continue to be on the cutting edge of journalism for many years to come.”
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries to The Executive Office press office on 028 9037 8201. Out of office hours, please contact the duty press office via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned.
- View photos from The Executive Office Flickr collection.
- Self-efficacy, Locus of Control and Life Satisfaction in Northern Ireland 2016/17 08 November 2017
- Update from the Head of the Civil Service – Storm Ophelia 17 October 2017
- Responders continue to work together and people urged to be vigilant 16 October 2017
- Update from Head of the Civil Service on Storm Ophelia 16 October 2017