First Minister Arlene Foster has attended Fortnum and Mason’s Taste of Northern Ireland celebration in London.
The 309 year old iconic family business is famous for bringing the finest food and drink to its customers from all the corners of the world. From 5-19 May, Fortnum’s is recognising the quality and innovation of Northern Ireland food and drink in a high profile promotion at its Piccadilly store.
The First Minister, Arlene Foster said: “I am delighted to support Fortnum and Mason’s celebration of Northern Ireland Food and Drink at this prestigious occasion highlighting the pure, natural quality of our local Northern Ireland produce.
“The 2016 Year of Food and Drink gives us a valuable platform to capitalise on the growing interest in our speciality produce and help accelerate the growth of food and drink sales outside Northern Ireland.
“Invest NI has worked closely with Fortnum and Mason in delivering this showcase which, I have no doubt, will generate increased sales in Great Britain for many of our local businesses.”
Fortnum and Mason has invited 23 businesses to showcase 42 products at its Taste of Northern Ireland promotion.
Ewan Venters, CEO of Fortnum and Mason said: “For 309 years we have been supporting artisan producers, bringing our customers the very best in specialist food and drink.
“Northern Ireland boasts an abundance of world-class produce and we are delighted to host this London platform for Northern Ireland’s Year of Food and Drink celebrations”
“Working in partnership with Invest NI, artisan beer, award winning cheese and exquisite meats will be among the outstanding products offered to Fortnum’s customers. The quality of everything is astounding and we know our customers are going to fall in love with the Northern Irish food on offer.”
Notes to editors:
1. Below are the companies and their products listed in Fortnum and Mason’s Taste of Northern Ireland promotion:
- Passion Preserved - Savoury Watermelon Jam, Sweet American Pickle, Watermelon Rind Pickle.
- Hollah Preserve - Vodka & Cranberry Chutney, Chilli Strawberry & Prosecco Chutney, Chilli Jam
- Peppup limited – Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Ketchup, Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Ketchup Mild Chilli
- Red Dog – Sea Salt infused with Seaweed, Sea Salt infused with Spanish Lemon, Sea Salt infused with Lavender, Sea Salt infused with Chilli, Spicy Cajun Dry Rub, Sweet St Louis Brown Sugar Dry Rub, Spicy Texas Dry Rub, Dragons Breath Chilli Jelly, Apple Sage Chilli Jelly, Fresh Mint Chilli Jelly, Sour Cherry Chilli Jelly
- Tayto – Cheese and Onion crisps
- Mash Direct – Potato Cheese & Onion Croquettes, Potato Cakes, Carrot & Parsnip Fries, Carrot & Parsnip Crush, Champ, Colcannon, Red Cabbage & Beetroot, Mashed Swede
- Northbound Brewery – Kolsh, 33” Sticke Alt
- Whitewater Brewery – Clotworthy Dobbin, Belfast Lager
- Long Meadow Cider – Cider Blossom Burst
- Kilmegan Cider – Irish Farmhouse Cider
- Ehlinville Distillery – Dunville whiskey, PX Ten year old, Three Crows
- Rademon Estate Distillery - Shortcross Gin
- Niche Drinks - Quietman Whiskey
- Hannan Meats – Glenarm meat range
- Glenarm Salmon – Glenarm organic salmon range
- Glen of Antrim potatoes – Lumper potato
- Mikes Fancy Cheeses – Young Buck cheese
- Clandeboye Estate – Yoghurt range
- Dartmountain cheese – Cheese range
- Lough Neagh Eels – Smoked Eel
- Abernethy Butter – Butter roll, Sea salt and Dulse, Smoked butter
- Skinny Malinkis – Carrot Kick Start, Full body Boost, Lean Green, DiJUICEative Aid
- Hughes Distillery – Ruby Blue Vodka
2. Media enquiries to the Executive Office press office on 028 9037 8201. Out of office hours, please contact the duty press office via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned.
- Good Relations 2018/19 funding programmes now open 10 January 2018
- TEO statement on Storm Eleanor 03 January 2018
- Summit deepens and strengthens Northern Ireland’s relationship with China 04 December 2017
- Northern Ireland welcomes Chinese Regional leaders to Belfast 01 December 2017