A new application process for major events held in Ebrington Square and St Columb’s Park will open today.
The Executive Office (TEO) and Derry City and Strabane District Council (DCSDC) have announced the Joint Event Application process which is open to all and will be for a two-year period (2023 & 2024).
Applications will be assessed by a panel of representatives from TEO, DCSDC, Visit Derry and Tourism NI who will consider each application and allocate a location if successful.
Due to significant construction works on the Ebrington site and the Health and Safety risks associated with this, it will not be possible to host events on Ebrington Square until the end of July 2023. Sporting events, including those previously hosted in the Park, will take priority. Recurring annual Park events will also be given priority.
This new process will deliver a joined-up approach for events on Ebrington Square and St Columb’s Park, help improve the quality of events, give event promoters security of venue for a longer period, and allow them to plan and secure acts well in advance.
Notes to editors:
- There will be a minimum ticket price (£20) for licenced alcohol events on both sites. Ebrington as a premium serviced site, will have a minimum number of attendees; 3,000 per day of an event and will host five major events per annum. There is no limit on events in St Columb’s Park.
- The new application process opens today with a closing date of 30 November.
- Applications will be assessed by a panel of representatives from TEO, DCSDC, Visit Derry and Tourism NI who will consider each application and allocate a location if successful. It is hoped decision notifications will issue within 5 -10 working days of the application closing date.
- Final decisions for Ebrington will be made by TEO and final decisions for events in St Columb’s Park will be made by DCSDC.
- For queries in relation to the Ebrington site please contact TEO at email@example.com and for St Columb’s Park please contact DCSDC directly. For queries in relation to the process please contact TEO at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Media queries should be directed to the TEO press office via email - email@example.com
- Civil Service publishes action plan in response to external review 25 January 2023
- Holocaust Memorial Day 2023: We all have a responsibility to stand up to intolerance and discrimination 24 January 2023
- Nation Brands Index: 2022 report for Northern Ireland 21 December 2022
- A Respect Index for Northern Ireland (as measured by the Everyday Discrimination Scale): 2016 – 2021 20 December 2022