Statement from the First Minister, deputy First Minister, Justice Minister and Finance Minister on the Troubles Permanent Disablement Payment Scheme:
The Court has today accepted our undertaking that payments will be made to successful applicants under the Troubles Permanent Disablement Payment Scheme.
We remain committed to delivering the scheme and are mindful of the needs of victims and survivors who will be recipients of the payment.
This undertaking provides reassurance and confidence that payments will be made when they fall due under the terms of the Scheme, regardless of where the funding comes from.
We will continue to progress financial discussions with the Westminster Government in the context of their funding responsibilities for the Scheme.
Notes to editors:
1. Media enquiries should be directed to The Executive Office press office – email@example.com
- Everyone has a role to play when it comes to tackling violence against women and girls 28 June 2022
- Update to working from home guidance 06 June 2022
- Ukraine Assistance Centre arrangements 08 April 2022
- Junior Ministers welcome launch of High Street Task Force report ‘Delivering a 21st Century High Street’ 22 March 2022