Statement from the First Minister, deputy First Minister, Justice Minister and Finance Minister on the Troubles Permanent Disablement Payment Scheme:
The Court has today accepted our undertaking that payments will be made to successful applicants under the Troubles Permanent Disablement Payment Scheme.
We remain committed to delivering the scheme and are mindful of the needs of victims and survivors who will be recipients of the payment.
This undertaking provides reassurance and confidence that payments will be made when they fall due under the terms of the Scheme, regardless of where the funding comes from.
We will continue to progress financial discussions with the Westminster Government in the context of their funding responsibilities for the Scheme.
Notes to editors:
1. Media enquiries should be directed to The Executive Office press office – email@example.com
- Appointment of Lord Justice of Appeal to the NI Judicial Appointments Commission 04 May 2021
- O’Neill makes return visit to her old primary school 30 April 2021
- First Minister praises young people’s commitment to shared future 30 April 2021
- Ministers welcome reopening of retail and outdoor hospitality as another positive step forward 30 April 2021