Statement from the First Minister, deputy First Minister, Justice Minister and Finance Minister on the Troubles Permanent Disablement Payment Scheme:
The Court has today accepted our undertaking that payments will be made to successful applicants under the Troubles Permanent Disablement Payment Scheme.
We remain committed to delivering the scheme and are mindful of the needs of victims and survivors who will be recipients of the payment.
This undertaking provides reassurance and confidence that payments will be made when they fall due under the terms of the Scheme, regardless of where the funding comes from.
We will continue to progress financial discussions with the Westminster Government in the context of their funding responsibilities for the Scheme.
Notes to editors:
1. Media enquiries should be directed to The Executive Office press office – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Competition to appoint a Commissioner for Children and Young People for Northern Ireland 05 December 2022
- International Day of Persons with Disabilities 29 November 2022
- Major event application process for Ebrington Square and St Columb’s Park 18 November 2022
- Wellbeing in Northern Ireland, 2021/22 09 November 2022