Statement from the First Minister, deputy First Minister, Justice Minister and Finance Minister on the Troubles Permanent Disablement Payment Scheme:
The Court has today accepted our undertaking that payments will be made to successful applicants under the Troubles Permanent Disablement Payment Scheme.
We remain committed to delivering the scheme and are mindful of the needs of victims and survivors who will be recipients of the payment.
This undertaking provides reassurance and confidence that payments will be made when they fall due under the terms of the Scheme, regardless of where the funding comes from.
We will continue to progress financial discussions with the Westminster Government in the context of their funding responsibilities for the Scheme.
Notes to editors:
1. Media enquiries should be directed to The Executive Office press office – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Awareness Campaign for Victims and Survivors of Historical Institutional Abuse 30 May 2023
- Head of the Civil Service encourages families of civil servants killed during Troubles/Conflict to help create a memorial 12 May 2023
- The Department Consults on Funding Challenges 12 May 2023
- Six Dimensions of the Nation Brands Index 2022 04 May 2023