First Minister the Rt. Hon. Arlene Foster, deputy First Minister, Martin McGuinness and Justice Minister, Claire Sugden today welcomed the outcome of discussions that have brought resolution to the Crumlin Road/Twaddell Avenue parade dispute.
Commenting after today’s Executive meeting, the Ministers said: “We welcome the discussions and the subsequent local agreement to deal with the Crumlin Road/Twaddell Avenue parade and protest dispute.
“We commend and support the goodwill and generosity of all those involved in the dialogue which resulted in this agreement and look forward to its successful outworking.
“As a result of the determined efforts of all those involved, including the local community and the local Orange Lodges we believe this arrangement can build an inclusive future where everyone’s views can be respected.”
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries to TEO Press Office on 028 9037 8283. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Office via pager number 07699 715 440.
- Follow us on Twitter @niexecutive
- Executive Daily Update: Initiatives to deal with Coronavirus (3 July 2020) 03 July 2020
- Executive Daily Update: Initiatives to deal with Coronavirus (02 July 2020) 02 July 2020
- Executive confirms changes to Coronavirus Regulations 02 July 2020
- Executive Daily Update: Initiatives to deal with Coronavirus (1 July 2020) 01 July 2020