First Minister the Rt. Hon. Arlene Foster, deputy First Minister, Martin McGuinness and Justice Minister, Claire Sugden today welcomed the outcome of discussions that have brought resolution to the Crumlin Road/Twaddell Avenue parade dispute.
Commenting after today’s Executive meeting, the Ministers said: “We welcome the discussions and the subsequent local agreement to deal with the Crumlin Road/Twaddell Avenue parade and protest dispute.
“We commend and support the goodwill and generosity of all those involved in the dialogue which resulted in this agreement and look forward to its successful outworking.
“As a result of the determined efforts of all those involved, including the local community and the local Orange Lodges we believe this arrangement can build an inclusive future where everyone’s views can be respected.”
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries to TEO Press Office on 028 9037 8283. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Office via pager number 07699 715 440.
- Follow us on Twitter @niexecutive
- Summit deepens and strengthens Northern Ireland’s relationship with China 04 December 2017
- Northern Ireland welcomes Chinese Regional leaders to Belfast 01 December 2017
- Northern Ireland hosting prestigious China Summit is a milestone in relationship 29 November 2017
- Self-efficacy, Locus of Control and Life Satisfaction in Northern Ireland 2016/17 08 November 2017