The Executive Office today published the ‘Nation Brands Index 2020: International Perceptions of Northern Ireland’s Response to COVID-19’ statistical bulletin.
This report is the first release from NBI 2020 for Northern Ireland, and focuses on international perceptions of Northern Ireland’s response to healthcare crises, including COVID-19.
- Almost one in three international respondents (32%) rated Northern Ireland favourably in its handling of healthcare crises, including COVID-19.
- Just over a third (34%) of international respondents felt comfortable about visiting Northern Ireland in the next 5 years, based on its handling of healthcare crises, including COVID-19.
- Northern Ireland was ranked 17th of 50 nations for its response to healthcare crises, and 18th of 50 for comfort visiting NI within the next five years.
About the Anholt Ipsos Nation Brands Index 2020
The NBI is an annual global survey which attempts to evaluate the international image and reputation of 50 nations across six dimensions of national competence: Exports; Governance; Culture; People; Tourism; and Immigration and Investment.
The 2020 NBI involved the completion of over 20,000 online surveys, in 20 panel countries, with at least 1,000 people surveyed per panel country.
The report, infographics and associated data tables are available on the Statistics and Research section of the Executive Office website.
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries to The Executive Office press office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
Further information relating to the collection and production of the statistics can be obtained by contacting:
The Executive Office
Telephone: 028 9052 2411
- Joint Statement on COVID-19 25 September 2020
- Covid-19 press conference – 24 September 2020 24 September 2020
- Public address from First Minister and deputy First Minister 22 September 2020
- Covid-19 press conference – 21 September 2020 21 September 2020