The Executive Office today published the ‘Nation Brands Index 2020: International Perceptions of Northern Ireland’s Response to COVID-19’ statistical bulletin.
This report is the first release from NBI 2020 for Northern Ireland, and focuses on international perceptions of Northern Ireland’s response to healthcare crises, including COVID-19.
- Almost one in three international respondents (32%) rated Northern Ireland favourably in its handling of healthcare crises, including COVID-19.
- Just over a third (34%) of international respondents felt comfortable about visiting Northern Ireland in the next 5 years, based on its handling of healthcare crises, including COVID-19.
- Northern Ireland was ranked 17th of 50 nations for its response to healthcare crises, and 18th of 50 for comfort visiting NI within the next five years.
About the Anholt Ipsos Nation Brands Index 2020
The NBI is an annual global survey which attempts to evaluate the international image and reputation of 50 nations across six dimensions of national competence: Exports; Governance; Culture; People; Tourism; and Immigration and Investment.
The 2020 NBI involved the completion of over 20,000 online surveys, in 20 panel countries, with at least 1,000 people surveyed per panel country.
The report, infographics and associated data tables are available on the Statistics and Research section of the Executive Office website.
Notes to editors:
Further information relating to the collection and production of the statistics can be obtained by contacting:
The Executive Office
Telephone: 028 9052 2411
- Good Relations Indicators 2019 Report 04 August 2022
- Everyone has a role to play when it comes to tackling violence against women and girls 28 June 2022
- Update to working from home guidance 06 June 2022
- Ukraine Assistance Centre arrangements 08 April 2022