The Executive Office today launched a recruitment competition to appoint a Police Ombudsman for Northern Ireland.
The successful candidate will replace the current postholder, Dr Michael Maguire, when his term ends in July 2019.
A series of advertisements will appear in local, national and international newspapers and websites in order to attract as wide a candidate pool as possible.
Following the passing of the Northern Ireland (Executive Formation and Exercise of Functions) Bill, responsibility for approving the appointment process and recommending an appointment of the Police Ombudsman has transferred to the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland.
The closing date for applications is 12.00 noon GMT on Wednesday 12 December 2018.
Notes to editors:
- The competition will reflect the principles and practices of the Commissioner for Public Appointments (CPANI) Code of Practice. All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process.
- Details of the role and the full selection criteria are set out in the application pack which is available via The Executive Office website: www.executiveoffice-ni.gov.uk/PONI
If you have any questions in relation to the vacancy, please contact The Executive Office via the details below:
The Police Ombudsman Appointment Team
The Executive Office
Upper Newtownards Road
Telephone: 028 9037 8693
- Application packs can be made available in other formats, for example Braille, large print. Requests for documents in alternative formats can be made by contacting the Department as above. CVs, letters, additional pages or any other supplementary material should not be submitted in place of or in addition to the completed application form.
- Media enquiries to The Executive Office Press Office on 028 9037 8142. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Top civil servant announces retirement date 06 December 2019
- Statistical Bulletin: Indicator 31 05 December 2019
- T:BUC Camps Programme 2020-21 now open 26 November 2019
- Statement from the Head of Civil Service welcoming appointment of President to HIA Redress Board 15 November 2019