Junior Ministers, Alastair Ross and Megan Fearon today congratulated the seven local finalists of the EY Entrepreneur of the Year Awards.
At the awards ceremony, being held tonight in the Citywest Hotel , Dublin, Plotbox, JMW Farms, M&M Contractors, Leckey, Uform, 3fivetwo Group and Kainos Group are among 24 finalists shortlisted for an award in one of three categories; Emerging, Industry and International. An overall winner will be selected as EY Entrepreneur of the Year for Ireland and goes through to a global competition.
Junior Minister, Alastair Ross said: “The EY Entrepreneur of the Year was founded 19 years ago and is regarded as one of the leading global entrepreneurship award programmes.
“There have been many influential local finalists and winners in recent years and alumni of the competition have employed over 150,000 people throughout Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. I wish the finalists well for tonight and their future success.”
Junior Minister, Megan Fearon said: “The Executive is committed to creating and attracting new and better jobs and entrepreneurship has an important role to play in developing and driving our economy.
“The EY Entrepreneur of the Year Awards help support and nurture both current and future entrepreneurs. I commend the companies on their innovation and hard work that is rightly recognised through their shortlisting for this competition.”
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries to The Executive Office press office on 028 9037 8256. Out of office hours, please contact the duty press office via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @niexecutive.
- Labour Force Survey Religion Report 2016 31 January 2018
- The Holocaust reminds us of the power of words 25 January 2018
- New Permanent Secretary roles announced 24 January 2018
- Good Relations 2018/19 funding programmes now open 10 January 2018