The First Minister and deputy First Minister have written to the Assembly outlining decisions taken by the Executive on the Covid-19 response.
The text of their statement is set out below.
We are writing to provide Members with an update on today’s decisions taken by the Executive to help mitigate the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
The Executive has agreed the following:
- Close contact services including driving instructors will reopen by appointment on 20 November;
- Hospitality will reopen on a graduated basis, with unlicensed premises such as cafes and coffee shops opening on 20 November, with restricted opening hours to 8.00pm. This will not include the purchase or consumption of alcohol on such premises;
- Support will be provided for mitigations to reduce risk within the hospitality sector, including improved ventilation and requirements for the recording of customer information for contact tracing purposes;
- Pubs and bars will be permitted to sell sealed off sales on 20 November;
- The remaining restrictions, which came into being on 16 October, would be extended and come to an end at midnight on 26 November, leaving all elements of hospitality including hotels able to open on 27 November;
- A vaccination programme will be rolled out from as early as possible in December in line with England, initially targeting priority groups such as health care staff, care homes and those with underlying vulnerabilities;
- Ongoing preparation for introduction of rapid testing at the earliest opportunity;
- Additional financial support for affected businesses; and
- A strengthened adherence/compliance working group, which will work to assist and to mitigate risk in the opening up of the hospitality businesses.
- Head of Civil Service welcomes announcement of US Business Delegation to NI 02 October 2023
- Nation Brands Index Regional Analysis 2016-2022 21 September 2023
- Extent of violence experienced by women and girls revealed in new reports 07 September 2023
- People invited to have their say on Communities in Transition Project 04 September 2023