Recovery is ongoing following a regional multi-agency response to Storm Eleanor which affected Northern Ireland in the last 24 hours.
An Amber Weather Warning for Wind was issued by the Met Office valid from 1930hrs on the 2 January to 0400hrs on the 3 January 2018.
Front line responders and multi-agencies were prepared from this time and started an immediate response.
A regional multi-agency conference call was convened at 1945hrs to enable the emergency services, relevant government departments and local government to assess the potential impacts, co-ordinate communication and implement a co-ordinated emergency planning response across all sectors. All organisations worked through the night, often in very challenging and difficult conditions, to ensure the impact of the storm were dealt with as quickly as possible.
A further regional multi-agency meeting was convened at 8.00am this morning to assess the impact and ensure all necessary actions are co-ordinated across all organisations to allow normal services to return as soon as possible. Another multi-agency assessment will take place at noon today to deal with any further recovery issues that have been identified.
The priority this morning is to ensure customers are back on supply, roads are cleared and emergency repairs carried out to property.
Members of the public should continue to take care, particularly in relation to damaged property, large trees and electric lines. Contractors should check all scaffolding to ensure it hasn’t moved during the storm.
Further updates will be provided throughout the day at: www.nidirect.gov.uk/winds
Notes to editors:
- A list of current road closures can be found at www.trafficwatchni.com and road users should continue to exercise caution while the clean-up continues.
- Media enquiries to TEO Press Office on 028 9037 8120. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Office via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- HOCS letter to Professor Alan Manning - Migration Advisory Committee consultation 28 June 2018
- Labour Force Survey Religion Report 2016: Local Government District Bulletin 28 June 2018
- Northern Ireland welcomes over 1,000 Syrian refugees 21 June 2018
- NICS outcomes delivery plan published 04 June 2018