The Executive Office today published the ‘Public Appointments Annual Report for Northern Ireland, 2015/16,’ which presents data on Public Appointments in Northern Ireland between 1 April 2015 and 31 March 2016.
Between 1 April 2015 and 31 March 2016, 1,313 applications were received for Public Appointment posts. Of these, 63% were from males and 37% were from females.
The proportion of Public Appointment applications from females was 36% in 2009/10, compared to 37% in 2015/16. This proportion has increased from 26% in 2010/11, however.
Low proportions of Public Appointment applications were received from individuals aged under 40 (9%) and individuals who considered themselves to have a disability (3%).
Between 1 April 2015 and 31 March 2016, departments, with the approval of Ministers, made a total of 471 Public Appointments. Three-fifths (59%) of those appointed were male, and two-fifths (41%) were female.
Between 2009/10 and 2015/16, the proportion of Public Appointments made to females has increased from 37% to 41%, although it has decreased from 44% in 2014/15.
In 2015/16, low proportions of Public Appointments were made to individuals aged under 40 (10%), individuals from an ethnic minority (1%), and individuals who considered themselves to have a disability (3%).
At 31 March 2016, a total of 1,365 Public Appointments were held. Of these, three-fifths (59%) were held by males and two-fifths (41%) were held by females.
There has been a seven percentage point increase in the proportion of Public Appointments held by females between 31 March 2010 (34%) and 31 March 2016 (41%). This proportion has increased each year since 2012.
The report and associated data tables are available on the Analysis, Insight and Outcomes Unit section of the Execuitve Office website.
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries to TEO Press Office on 028 9037 8201. Out of office hours contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number on 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Further information relating to the collection and production of the statistics can be obtained by contacting:
The Executive Office
Analysis, Insight & Outcomes Unit
BT4 3SG Tel: (028) 905 23244
- Police Ombudsman for Northern Ireland – recruitment competition 19 November 2018
- Legislation to support victims and survivors of historical institutional abuse – consultation open 19 November 2018
- Self-efficacy, Locus of Control & Life Satisfaction in Northern Ireland 2017/18 15 November 2018
- Further £1.1 million added to Belfast city centre support package 12 November 2018