These statistical bulletins present data on and facilitate monitoring of population indicators informing Outcome 9 of The Outcomes Delivery Plan 2018/19: ‘We are a shared, welcoming and confident society that respects diversity’. All figures are 2018 unless otherwise stated.
Indicator 31: Percentage (%) of the population who think all leisure centres, parks, libraries and shopping centres are ‘shared and open’ to both Protestants and Catholics
72% of (NILT 2018 survey) respondents think all facilities in their area are ‘shared and open’ to both Protestants and Catholics. This is not a significant change from 2017.
- 74% of male respondents, and 71% of female respondents, believe that all facilities in their area are ‘shared and open’ to both Protestants and Catholics.
- 71% of Catholic respondents; 74% of Protestant respondents; and 70% of respondents of ‘other’ religions, believe that all facilities in their area are ‘shared and open’ to both Protestants and Catholics.
- The age group with the lowest proportion who think that all facilities in their area are ‘shared and open’ to both Protestants and Catholics is 25-34 year olds (67%); the age group with the highest proportion who think this is 35-49 year olds (75%).
The report is available on the Statistics and Research section of the Executive Office website.
Further information relating to the collection and production of the statistics can be obtained by contacting:
Graeme Banks – Assistant Statistician
Statistics and Research Branch, The Executive Office
Room E4.03 | Castle Buildings | Stormont | Belfast | BT4 3SR
Telephone: 028 9052 3289
Notes to editors:
All media queries should be directed to the The Executive Office Press Office on 028 9037 88207. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Register to apply online for the Central Good Relations Fund 2020/21 20 January 2020
- New Executive can rebuild confidence in politics 14 January 2020
- Deal is done - funding must follow: Foster and O’Neill 13 January 2020
- Announcement of the extension of the appointments of Chair and Non-Executive Directors of the Strategic Investment Board 09 January 2020