The Executive Office today published the ‘Nation Brands Index 2021: International Perceptions of Northern Ireland’s Response to COVID-19’ statistical bulletin.
This report is the first release from NBI 2021 for Northern Ireland, and focuses on international perceptions of Northern Ireland’s response to healthcare crises, including COVID-19.
- Over two in five international respondents (43%) rated Northern Ireland favourably in its handling of healthcare crises, including COVID-19, an increase from 2020, when 32% respondents rated Northern Ireland favourably in its handling of healthcare crises.
- Northern Ireland’s mean score increased from 4.36 in 2020 to 4.53 in 2021 for its response to healthcare crises (+0.17) and was ranked 21st out of 60 nations.
- All 20 panel nations had a favourable view of Northern Ireland’s response to healthcare crises. The highest ranks received were from the UK (13th), Australia (17th) and Poland (18th).
- The majority of nations (19 of 20) ranked Northern Ireland within the top half for response to healthcare crises.
About the Anholt Ipsos Nation Brands Index 2021
The NBI is an annual global survey which evaluates the international image and reputation of 60 nations across six dimensions of national competence: Exports; Governance; Culture; People; Tourism; and Immigration and Investment.
The 2021 NBI involved the completion of over 60,000 online surveys, in 20 panel countries, with at least 3,000 people surveyed per panel country.
The report and associated data tables are available on the Statistics and Research section of the Executive Office website.
Notes to editors:
Further information relating to the collection and production of the statistics can be obtained by contacting:PfG Analytics
The Executive Office
Telephone: (028) 9052 2411
- Good Relations Indicators 2019 Report 04 August 2022
- Everyone has a role to play when it comes to tackling violence against women and girls 28 June 2022
- Update to working from home guidance 06 June 2022
- Ukraine Assistance Centre arrangements 08 April 2022