The Executive Office today published the ‘Nation Brands Index 2021: International Perceptions of Northern Ireland’s Response to COVID-19’ statistical bulletin.
This report is the first release from NBI 2021 for Northern Ireland, and focuses on international perceptions of Northern Ireland’s response to healthcare crises, including COVID-19.
- Over two in five international respondents (43%) rated Northern Ireland favourably in its handling of healthcare crises, including COVID-19, an increase from 2020, when 32% respondents rated Northern Ireland favourably in its handling of healthcare crises.
- Northern Ireland’s mean score increased from 4.36 in 2020 to 4.53 in 2021 for its response to healthcare crises (+0.17) and was ranked 21st out of 60 nations.
- All 20 panel nations had a favourable view of Northern Ireland’s response to healthcare crises. The highest ranks received were from the UK (13th), Australia (17th) and Poland (18th).
- The majority of nations (19 of 20) ranked Northern Ireland within the top half for response to healthcare crises.
About the Anholt Ipsos Nation Brands Index 2021
The NBI is an annual global survey which evaluates the international image and reputation of 60 nations across six dimensions of national competence: Exports; Governance; Culture; People; Tourism; and Immigration and Investment.
The 2021 NBI involved the completion of over 60,000 online surveys, in 20 panel countries, with at least 3,000 people surveyed per panel country.
The report and associated data tables are available on the Statistics and Research section of the Executive Office website.
Notes to editors:
Further information relating to the collection and production of the statistics can be obtained by contacting:PfG Analytics
The Executive Office
Telephone: (028) 9052 2411
- Awareness Campaign for Victims and Survivors of Historical Institutional Abuse 30 May 2023
- Head of the Civil Service encourages families of civil servants killed during Troubles/Conflict to help create a memorial 12 May 2023
- The Department Consults on Funding Challenges 12 May 2023
- Six Dimensions of the Nation Brands Index 2022 04 May 2023