The Executive Office today published the ‘Six Dimensions of the Nation Brands Index 2020’ statistical bulletins.
Building on ‘The Anholt Ipsos Nation Brands Index: 2020 report for Northern Ireland’, published in February 2021, these bulletins examine in more detail how Northern Ireland is viewed internationally in relation six dimensions of national competence: Governance; Immigration and Investment; People; Exports; Tourism; and Culture.
- Northern Ireland ranked 20th of 50 countries for the Governance dimension (the same ranking as in all previous survey years). Governance was Northern Ireland’s highest ranked dimension, as was also the case in the previous years. Northern Ireland’s score for Governance was 59.58.
- Northern Ireland ranked 21st of 50 for the Immigration and Investment dimension (unchanged since 2017). Northern Ireland’s score for Immigration and Investment was 56.72.
- Northern Ireland ranked 22nd of 50 for the People dimension (unchanged since 2019). Northern Ireland’s score for People was 63.29.
- Northern Ireland ranked 25th of 50 for the Exports dimension (up one place from 2019). Northern Ireland received its lowest dimension score for Exports (54.48).
- Northern Ireland ranked 27th of 50 for the Tourism dimension (up one place from all previous survey years). Despite the low ranking, Northern Ireland received its highest dimension score for Tourism (64.11); this suggests Tourism is a competitive dimension where many countries receive high scores.
- Northern Ireland ranked 31st of 50 for the Culture dimension (up one place since 2019). Culture was Northern Ireland’s lowest ranked dimension, as was also the case in all previous survey years. Northern Ireland’s score for Culture was 56.78, and was the only dimension where the score increased on our 2019 scores.
- Participants who had visited Northern Ireland (for any reason) consistently scored Northern Ireland significantly higher in each of the six dimensions than participants who had not previously visited.
About the Anholt Ipsos Nation Brands Index 2020
The NBI is an annual global survey which evaluates the international image and reputation of 50 nations across six dimensions of national competence: Exports; Governance; Culture; People; Tourism; and Immigration and Investment.
The 2020 NBI involved the completion of over 20,000 online surveys, in 20 panel countries, with at least 1,000 people surveyed per panel country.
The report, infographics and associated data tables are available on the Statistics and Research section of the Executive Office website
Notes to editors:
Further information relating to the collection and production of the statistics can be obtained by contacting:PfG Analytics
The Executive Office
BT4 3SR Email: email@example.com
- Awareness Campaign for Victims and Survivors of Historical Institutional Abuse 30 May 2023
- Head of the Civil Service encourages families of civil servants killed during Troubles/Conflict to help create a memorial 12 May 2023
- The Department Consults on Funding Challenges 12 May 2023
- Six Dimensions of the Nation Brands Index 2022 04 May 2023